New Pioneers for a Sustainable Future
Summer Education Assistant Job Description
Based in Springfield, the education assistant will serve the tri-county area of Marion, Nelson, and Washington Counties in central Kentucky. A significant percentage of duties will be dedicated to developing, offering, marketing, and evaluating outdoor learning programs for Pre-K-12 students. Individuals with a passion for rural communities, dedication to sustainable living, and experience in offering environmental education programs are encouraged to apply.
- Develop, present, and evaluate education programs for public and youth
- Expand the youth sustainability program to better serve students and
- Assist with marketing and communication efforts, including social
- Support community outreach and engagement
- Elevate the youth voice, perspective, and presence in all New Pioneers
- Actively participate in the daily operations of New Pioneers
Compensation and Benefits
This is a 450-hour AmeriCorps member position beginning in late May and serving through August 31, 2022. Members are expected to work 35-40 hours per week. The member will receive a summer living stipend of $4,235, divided and disbursed on a bi-weekly basis. At the completion of service, the member will also qualify for a Segal Education Award in the amount of about $1,670, which can be used on qualified college expenses or student loans.
To apply for the position, review benefits, or learn more about AmeriCorps service, please visit https://keec.ky.gov/AmeriCorps/Pages/default.aspx.