New Pioneers for a Sustainable Future
Summer Education Assistant Job Description
New Pioneers for a Sustainable Future seeks a summer education assistant to help advance its mission of promoting sustainability in rural communities through innovative programming, outreach, and communications. This position is offered in partnership with the Environmental Education Leadership Corps (EELCorps), a branch of the national AmeriCorps service program.
Based in Springfield, the education assistant will serve the tri-county area of Marion, Nelson, and Washington Counties in central Kentucky. A significant percentage of duties will be dedicated to developing, offering, marketing, and evaluating outdoor learning programs for Pre-K-12 students. Individuals with a passion for rural communities, dedication to sustainable living, and experience in offering environmental education programs are encouraged to apply.
- Develop, present, and evaluate education programs for public and youth
- Expand the youth sustainability program to better serve students and
- Assist with marketing and communication efforts, including social
- Support community outreach and engagement
- Elevate the youth voice, perspective, and presence in all New Pioneers
- Actively participate in the daily operations of New Pioneers
Compensation and Benefits
This is a 450-hour AmeriCorps member position beginning in late May and serving through August 31, 2022. Members are expected to work 35-40 hours per week. The member will receive a summer living stipend of $4,235, divided and disbursed on a bi-weekly basis. At the completion of service, the member will also qualify for a Segal Education Award in the amount of about $1,670, which can be used on qualified college expenses or student loans.
To apply for the position, review benefits, or learn more about AmeriCorps service, please visit https://keec.ky.gov/AmeriCorps/Pages/default.aspx.