Education Coordinator Job Description
New Pioneers for a Sustainable Future is seeking a dynamic education coordinator to help advance its mission of promoting sustainability in rural central Kentucky. This position is made possible through a partnership with the Environmental Education Leadership Corps (EELCorps), a unique branch of the national AmeriCorps service program.
Based in Springfield, the education coordinator will serve Marion, Nelson, and Washington Counties through innovative programming, outreach, and communications. Individuals with a passion for rural communities, dedication to sustainable living, and experience in offering education programs are encouraged to apply.
- Establish a youth sustainability program to serve both student and family audiences
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to assist with, and eventually lead, all programs and activities associated with the youth sustainability program
- Elevate the youth voice, perspective, and presence in all New Pioneers efforts
- Assist with New Pioneers’ education and outreach efforts
- Assist with New Pioneers’ communications and marketing efforts
- Actively participate in the daily operations of New Pioneers
Compensation and Benefits
This is a 1700-hour AmeriCorps member position beginning on September 1, 2020, and serving through August 31, 2021. The member will receive a year’s total living stipend of $13,992 divided up and provided on a bi-weekly basis. While the hours worked per week are flexible, members are expected to work an average of 35 hours per week. Additionally, the member will have the opportunity to receive certification as a Professional Certified Environmental Educator through the Kentucky Environmental Education Council.